Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Check....Check....Check

I have to apologize for being so MIA lately. However, I went to Ohio to vist mi amiga like I mentioned. I feel like I have so much to catch you up on once I get home. Yes, I am still away at my company meeting in the great city of Minneapolis!

I always have a roomate at these work meetings. My work friend and I always room together since we pretty much have our "routine" down now. We basically lived together for the 2 weeks at training when we were roomates. So, its just much easier and less stressful to shack up at all of our corporate functions. Anywho, we are staying at this super swanky hotel called Hotel Ivy.

Tonight we had a "free night" and were able to go to dinner together whereever we wanted. So, we chose SUSHI!! Yum Yum! Well, we spoke to the concierge this afternoon at one of our breaks. He told us about this great sushi place called Ichiban and it was just a few blocks from our hotel! Even better was that for $25 we were able to sit at the sushi bar and enjoy ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI FOR 1 HOUR !!!! Whoever came up with this concept was a freakin' genius!!! Like, seriously?? How bomb is that folks!

Well, we took full advantange of all 3,600 seconds of this genius concept. Ichiban even provided us with detailed instructions on how to fully take advantage of the Sushi Bar! Who woulda guessed there was a secret to the sushi bar?!?

Sushi Bar Tips: 

Creating Sushi is an art, but eating it is fun! 
  1. Simply pick up the piece of sushi
  2. Turn it over and dip the topping (not the rice) in the small dish of soy sauce that's provided
  3. Pop the whole piece in your mouth - Japanese style!

 I just love this list! And it is a great segway into the other topic of this post!
 
I wanted to address something that really stresses me out..... Have you ever had those days where you are constantly saying to yourself "I've got to remember to do that. And oh yea I need to go there. Oh and I can't forget to send that email too" ? Its like you have so many things you want to get done that you just can't keep track of it all. I kind of feel that way with all of the blog posts I've promised to add. Anywho, how do you handle organization of your tasks? Well, I'm an official list maker!

I love having a "To Do" list and feel so accomplished when I get through it. I am a pretty simple list maker. I try and prioritize my items by which ones I would like to accomplish first. I also provide myself with some deets on what is involved in the specific task at hand. My "To Do" list currently looks something like this:

Things To Do:
  • Blog on "Things To Do Lists"
  • Finalize "Prospecting Presentation" (Thursday AM)
    • Rewrite introduction and 5 key points with examples
    • Run through presentationn 3 times
  • Finalize business plan presentation (Thursday PM)
  • Meet with manager in AM to review presentation
    • 7:15AM breakfast conference room
  • Photograph New Decor Items (weekend)
  • Blog on Design Tricks (weekend)
  • Blog on Ohio Trip (weekend)
  • Blog on All You Can Eat Sushi Night
The BEST part of any list is when you get to cross items off the list! I will admit I have gone back to my list to add things just so they can be crossed off. I tend to combine my work and personal "To Do" list as you can see. 

I find that by creating a list not only do I feel more organized but I also feel much less stressed. The list makes the projects seem much more manageable. I can plan my day  more easily and dedicate the appropriate time necessary to each task to ensure I can accomplish them all.  

If I don't create some sort of list then I feel like I am running all over the place. Oftentimes, I find my "list" gets longer and longer when I don't actually have a list. Its much easier for me to add silly things to a list in my mind then when I have an official paper list. I find myself more accountable for the task and the time when I've added them to this list.

I'm off to get some rest. I've got that 7:15 meeting with my manager to cross of my list! Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers