Friday, July 2, 2010

Dressing....GASP!

PROBLEM: I just know the word "dressing" makes some of you gasp in horror. Its like saying Voldermort to Harry Potter, right? Well, lets take a look at why this one word is just a booger.


Typical Stats:
Thousand Island 2 tbsp 111 calories/11g fat/5g sugar/0g protein
Ranch 2 tbsp 148 calories/15.6gfat/1.2g sugar/0.4g  protein
Ceasar 2tbsp 156 calories/17g fat/0.4g sugar/0.4g protein
Italian 2tbsp 86 calories/8.4g fat/2.4g sugar/0.2g protein

So, i think its fair to say "dressing" as most know it isn't the best option. Up until now there wasn't much we could do about it? Alright so you add a little olive oil and balsamic but really how far does that go on a salad. I mean if you make 'em like I make 'em (ie The Greens Monster) it just ain't cuttin' it.

SOLUTION: Galeo's

I am a Galeo's fanatic! This stuff not only tastes BETTER then "traditional dressing" it is super healthy. Let's take a look at the stats (note these are 1tbsp servings vs the 2tbsp above):

Seasame Seed 1 tbsp 22 calories/2g fat/0.5g surgar/0.5g protein
Ginger Wasabi 1 tbsp 14 calories/1g fat/0g sugar/0.5g protein
Caesar 1tbsp 14 calories/1g fat/0g sugar/0.5g protein
Dijionnaise 1tbsp 19 calories/2g fat/0.5g sugar/0.5g protein

I honestly love all of the flavors! I haven't had "traditional dressing" in over a year at least! I buy them by the case at Whole Foods and use them on everything! They make a great marinade, dip or dressing! They are a bit pricier then "traditional dressing" but you can mix and match a case together and get a discount for buying a larger quantity. Heck, i even mix and match the flavors together! Try half ceasar half ginger wasabi...it works! This is usually a result of being at the very end of 2 bottles but i'm a penny dressing pincher... what can i say? My mother's maiden name IS Dollar so maybe its just in my blood!?

Oh and yes they are GLUTEN FREE! It also says on their website they're available at Albertson's, Ralph's, Bristol Farms and some other places that I have never heard of.....

So I say fanatic, right? Well, those of you that know me know that when I decide I LOVE something I like really really love it! So, yes I've been known to stash these in my purse when I go out to eat. Yes, I've also been known to stash them in my car in a cooler. Oh and there have been those few times where I've packed them in my suitcase when I go on vacations and biznass trips. They're durable, versatile, light weight and just all around a smart pick! I promise y'all this isn't one of my crazy healthy foodie girl concoctions. This stuff is so yum in the tum!

That's all I've got for now kids! Have a great day! Chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. you are such a saleswoman! i'm going to buy it (once i am up and about again) and give it a try cause soon i'm gonna be all about healthy and getting body back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually almost sent you one of these along with your Barney Butter. I mean who doesn't love free treats. Then, I talked myself out of it because I didn't know which flavor you would like. Especially while pregnant; I know those tastebuds must be all over the place :) Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Followers